Thursday, September 4, 2008

AWOL

  • My MacBook blew up, it will be 3 days to get fixed if I'm lucky!
  • Haven't been able to get posted on Progressive Bloggers for a week because my feed somehow isn't getting through.
  • And now I'm on the road for three days.

Going to spend the next four days, removing the wool from my eyes. I saw one of Harper's ads last night.

Leadership, my ass.


The sketch above is Aldous Huxley just before his death at age 69.

He was a humanist and pacifist, but was also latterly interested in spiritual subjects such as parapsychology and philosophical mysticism. He was also well known for advocating and taking hallucinogens and is considered by many to be the "spiritual father" of the hippie movement.

He travelled back and forth between the UK, Canada and southern California with a brief case full of acid in the late 50's and early 60's spreading the word.

Oh and he wrote numerous articles, books of poetry and philosophy and 11 novels including Brave New World.


No comments:

I guess Mound was right

Every major global climate record was broken last year and 2024 could be worse, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Tuesday,...