When you listened to some of the English debates he came across as the most confident leader and usually the one with the best social agenda.
Which makes sense since he has had a seat in parliament longer than the other leaders and he is trying to meet the needs of Canadians living in La Belle province.
He was he first Bloc member elected, back in 1990, when the Quebec coalition put together by Mulroney broke up.
Plus most of the Bloc’s platform and initiatives would be supported by at least 60% of Canadians.
- Wants economic aid to manufacturing
- Wants economic aid to forestry
- Supports Kyoto
- Protests violence against women
- Supports rights for Indigenous People
- Concerned about aboriginal health issues
- Wants to protect unions
- Wants to repatriate Omar Khadr
- Supports Firearms Registry
- Voted against extension of Afghan mission
- Had a plan for dealing with soaring oil prices
- For the decriminalization of marijuana
During the last election Duceppe can certainly take his share of the credit for blocking a Harper majority and now his support of a coalition government can remove Harper from office.
You’re having a great year Mr. Duceppe keep it up.
Socialists, separatists and god less Liberals, my kind of coalition, I feel thirty years younger.
Viva pour la democratie!
Reference: just killing time until the next Tory story breaks