Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Palin greeting aides in a towel and Obamas disdain of stupidity


Newsweeks, How he did it, 2008, is an inside, behind-the-scenes account of the presidential election.

Newsweek had a group of independent reporters working for over a year with the campaigns. Everything the reporters working on the project learned was to be kept confidential until the day after the election.

Here is a sampling of some of the tidbits their notes revealed..

About Palins silence last night
Palin asked to speak along with McCain at his Arizona concession speech Tuesday night, but campaign strategist Steve Schmidt vetoed the request.
About Palin’s wardrobe
An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast, and said the truth (about the amount spent) will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
Obama on the debates
I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.'

So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.

What I'm thinking in my head is, Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I fucking changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
Palin in a towel
At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her.

After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

There’s more here. NewsWeek will be releasing the complete notes in a couple days.



Reference Newsweek here .

No comments:

I guess Mound was right

Every major global climate record was broken last year and 2024 could be worse, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Tuesday,...