Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Invading Iraq wasn't wrong, it was just he rhetoric


Never known as one to let the spoken word get in the way of intended meaning, Bush explained his use of language in the run up to the Iraq war.

From the Times in London, Bush admits that his tough rhetoric had given the world the impression that he was a "guy really anxious for war".

I think that in retrospect I could have used a different tone, a different rhetoric".

According to Bush: "phrases such as "bring them on" and "dead or alive" had "indicated to people that I was, you know, not a man of peace".
No George, I don't think it was your tone or your cowboy colloquialisms, that turned the world against you. I believe the reason was, that you obfuscated the facts.

Oh sorry George, that means that you lied and made stuff up!

No comments:

I guess Mound was right

Every major global climate record was broken last year and 2024 could be worse, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Tuesday,...