On Omar Khadr
- McCain says he would favour returning Omar Khadr to Canada and closing Guantanamo.
- Harper said repatriating Khadr, he could become a litmus test on Canada's commitment to impeding global terrorism.On public discourse during campaigns
- Although often critical of his opponent on many issues, McCain didn’t once use profanity to describe Obama’s policies.
- Harper claims Dion is out to “screw everybody”On environmental solutions
- McCain said a sensible cap and trade emissions system is a critical part of a strong environmental strategy.
- Harper blasted Ontario and Quebec's new cap and trade emission pact.On renewable energy
- We must also work to ensure reliable energy supplies and increase sources of renewable energy.
- If can be drilled, dug, blasted or steamed Harper is ready to provide leases for energy exploration and with few impediments surrounding issues of labour and environmental standards. Not so much interested in the renewable kind.On Canada, US relations
- McCain wants to harmonize our energy policies, just like NAFTA.
The only question would be “Who would be at the negotiations to speak for Canada?
- Well on that one they probably agree.McCain references from the Star.com here.