Friday, November 7, 2008

New music for an old man



Nothing makes me feel older than when I realize that I missed out on something that is really cool, especially when it comes to a new painting techniques, new software or a new style of music. Well I totally missed electronic music. I wrote it all off as E-based disco. Well I think I was wrong.

CFTPA or Casiotone for the Painfully Alone is a solo project/one man band, of 31 year old, Owen Ashworth. His musical style is "characterized by the use of electronically produced beats, cheap keyboards, and slow, frank lyrics".

It reminds me of some of tracts from Dylan's last albums. Except Dylan was lamenting about the angst of an aging boomer and Ashworth is lamenting about angst of a lost Xer.

1 comment:

sassy said...

Melancholy.

Like the graphics (it that the correct word?) on this.

I guess Mound was right

Every major global climate record was broken last year and 2024 could be worse, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Tuesday,...