Monday, August 18, 2008

How Execulink Telecom could cost us universal healthcare

Today started like every other weekday morning.

I got up at 5:30 and went through the 30 or so news releases that I highlighted from the night before, plus checked for anything interesting that might have popped up during the night, to find a topic for my one post of the day,

Thought I found one here from CNEWS about the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meeting entitled Doctors from across Canada confirm support for public health care.

My thought, reasoning and belief is that our Prime Minister is not in a big fan of universal healthcare. After all it is one of the main targets of the NCC (National Citizens Coalition), the free enterprise, corporate lobbying group, that he ran for so many years.

In fact their very first target (they call them citizen campaigns).

Basically one of those secret agenda things and I figured if he wanted to start making changes, opening the door for two tier, free enterprise medicine, the doctors would be the first to recognize this.

And the first clue might be the fact that the first motion put forth by the doctors at their annual meeting was their support for universal healthcare.

But we will never know, because just as I’m getting into the article, Execulink, my independent ISP, looses their Bell connection somewhere between Kitchener and Mississauga.

So if in the end Harper gets a majority and we loose universal healthcare, I’m blaming Execulink Telecom.



Reference: CNews article here.


Posted from Starbucks.

1 comment:

Moses Gunner said...

Did you see the Bunk study stating 2/3 of doctors in America want National Health Care. The doctors who did this study also conducted one in 2002 and found that the majority of doctors did not want national health care, the problem with this is that the 2 question surveys drastically differ in their 2nd question. I found this article, 60% of Physicians Surveyed Oppose Switching to a National Health Care Plan, It's worth a read.

I guess Mound was right

Every major global climate record was broken last year and 2024 could be worse, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Tuesday,...