Skip to main content

I really like this group even the government trolls

I'm new and I don't get a lot of traffic, so I read my site meter often. (it's an ego thing, I'm afraid). Anyway I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of Government trolling that goes on and the number of Government desktops that appear in, I am sure, all of our site meters. You do a post about the duck slaughter and the next day you find both the Alberta Forestry Lands and Wildlife, as well as the feds at Resources Canada have quickly dropped by and checked out the posts.

On one hand you hope it's not a bunch of bored employees looking for something to laugh at their bosses about (they should have more important things to do. Like stop killing off our wildlife and the planet in general) and on the other you hope that big brother is not going to come down on you for some libelous statement that you made in the middle of a rant. Apparently our current federal government has a tendency to sue people.

And it's not just these somewhat paranoid neocon, reformers either. The site has had other provincial governments, anonymous members of Parliament, even the US State department drop by to check out a post. It looks like they are just checking the noise level on the street, so to speak. But I guess that is the power of the blogosphere that the big sites I read every day are talking about.

Interestingly on the duck slaughter searches, Alberta used the typical Google method, while Resources Canada went straight to Progressive Bloggers. So I think I joined the right group. I just need to do a good enough post that directs enough readers to a specific government page, so that the Minister in charge gets a personal message so to speak and then comes a searching. Tried last week but the post wasn't good enough. I'll keep working on that and thanks for letting me into your group.

Comments

Canajun said…
Welcome aboard - trolls and all.

Popular posts from this blog

662

That is the number of Syrian refuges that the Harper government has brought into Canada.

From the Globe and Mail:
However, the government is facing criticism because 2,374 Syrian refugees have so far been settled. Of that number, only 622 - or 26 percent - were assisted by the government. The others were privately sponsored by individuals or non-government. The others were privately sponsored by individuals or non-government organizations. The NDP argues that in addition to private sponsors, the government should immediately accept 10,000 Syrian refugees. Liberal leader Justin Trudeau said the target should be 25,000 government-sponsored refugees, which he estimates would cost Ottawa $100-million.In other words the Harper government that banters around the 10,000 plus refugee number has brought in 622 refugees or about 170 families.

The other 2,352 so called refugees that Harper has allowed to emigrate to Canada consist of wealthy Syrian Christians who paid their own way in, hightailing …

Election close call, Omar, Bob and move over Warren

Wow that was a close one:
With the NDP leading in the polls at the beginning of September, I started to prepare myself, for the very first time in my life, to vote for the NDP. Mulcair looked good enough for me, with some of the best lines about Harper's Government during most of his interviews, except that he would always add the phrase, "just like the liberals" to the end of it and I thought, if I'm one of those Harper hating, Liberal voters that you probably need to vote for you, why the hell are you insulting me with this partisan bullshit.

Surprising how some tunes are just timeless